1. Good knowledge of healthcare claims data
2. Good Sql
3. 1 year of working in a cloud environment. Any cloud application
4. Preferred local to Atlanta, GA but can consider candidates willing to interview from other Optum offices.
5. Contract to Hire position – No Visa dependent candidates.
USC / GC only
§ Support the full software development and implementation lifecycle
§ Analyze system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for individual application components
§ Analyze and interpret functional requests for their viability against the design of the system as well as business objectives to ensure the solution solves the business problem yet does not adversely impact the fundamentals of the system
§ Work independently, take initiative and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
§ Write test cases and execute testing within a web service environment
§ Write clear, concise, and extensive user documentation using advanced features of MS Word
§ Use advanced features of MS Excel such standard deviation, formulas and other functions
§ Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects
§ Establish and maintain test cases and test data, includes advanced knowledge of SQL
§ Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, and peer reviews for quality assurance
§ Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality
§ Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality within Information Technology software
§ Share knowledge (train) other team members and business users on any of the skills listed above.
§ Must be able to commute to office daily in north Atlanta suburbs (this is not a telecommuting position)
Required Competencies / Knowledge / Skills:
1. 5+ years business analysis experience
2. 2+ year data analysis experience, working with database structures, SQL, and Excel
3. 1+ years with cloud based applications
4. Intermediate to advanced computer skill consisting of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
5. Knowledge of healthcare claims
6. Good knowledge of medical terminology, medical diagnostic, procedural terms
§ Knowledge of Medicaid policies and data (claims, provider & member)
§ Experience with any of the following tools: CA Agile, Aha!, DevSuite, Client-ALM, Benthic Golden
§ Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is preferred