Critical Key requirements
• PMP Certified • Proven experience with enterprise IT project delivery and implementation (managed a team of 6 or more, $ value $3M +, cross-functional business units)
• Stakeholder Management experience • Ability to work independently
• Proven ability to maintain project reporting requirements for project schedules and project financials • Experience working with Sr. Leadership
• Preferred experience with software applications development such as Document Management, Cloud Services, Timekeeping, Identity Access Management, Transportation Applications • Strong familiarity with Sharepoint and MS Project Server 2013 a plus
SUMMARY of the FUNCTION/Role
The IT Strategy & Program Management Office division of the MTA IT Department is seeking six (6) temporary Project Management consultants to provide day-to-day on-site project management leadership, delivery and execution of IT projects within the Program Management office (PMO) portfolio.
• Assist the PMO with overall day-to-day project management for system development related initiatives.
a. Held accountable and responsible delivering systems development solutions from project initiation to project closure
b. Manage a matrixed project team consisting of Business Analyst, Programmers and/or Technical staff for the project duration
c. Lead, coordinate and facilitate meetings to review project status with core project team members, key stakeholders and corporate leadership team members.
d. Prepare project status reports and other presentation materials for upper management (CIO, VP, President, etc.).
e. Effectively communicate project status and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
f. Develop and track progress against detailed project plans including schedules, technical and business requirements, cost estimates, resources plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, issues resolution and capacity planning.
g. Act proactively to maintain progress and minimize risk.
h. Maintain effective project controls.
i. Operate as a critical liaison between various disciplines within the MTA IT Department and external entities including technology consultants, technology equipment vendors and space planning architects.
j. Create and execute project charter, work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
k. Maintain open and timely communication with supervisors, managers and working groups involved in the projects.
l. Prepare and submit cost estimates, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
m. Manage project financials tracking budget to actuals
• Define and create project schedules and goals
a. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
b. Create detailed project work breakdown structure (WBS) that organizes and defines project work scope, identifies project tasks, dependencies, resource requirements, costs, critical path activity, risks and risk mitigation strategies.
c. Manage and maintain Project Plans to track all tasks and deliverables and publish status reports, executive briefings, meeting minutes and other collaboration tools to effectively communicate project activity.
d. Work with Core project team to assist in the development of test plans for new applications and oversee unit testing and system testing to ensure the delivery of functional, low-error systems and solve critical business problems.
• Adhere to a Standard Project Development Lifecycle approach
a. Develop and/or manage development of critical project deliverables throughout the project cycle, from Initiation and Planning & Analysis stages through Design, Development, Test, Implementation and Closeout. This includes but is not limited to As-Is and To-Be process flows, Project Plan, Requirements Documentation, Design Documentation, Test Plans, Implementation Plan, User Manuals, etc.
b. Manage and support integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing.
c. Manage transfer to Operations & Maintenance Groups and Change Management control processes.
• Quality Control and Risk Management
a. Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule, and budget.
b. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately per PMO guidelines.
c. Adhere and comply with MTA IT PMO framework and enforces quality control and project standards.
d. Proactively manage potential and risks, and define contingency and mitigation strategies.
• Consultant will be in an office requirements so no additional risks
DELIVERABLES & Due dates
• Estimated duration of services is 12 months
• Work to commence as soon as possible
• MTA HQ Observed Holidays will be non-working days (unpaid)
• MTA may decide to exercise furlough at any given time due to project changes or project down time. If and when MTA exercise a furlough period this will be unpaid time. Typical furlough period is during the last 2 weeks of December.
• Workday is M-F, 9:00 to 5:30pm, including 1-hour unpaid lunch period
• Work will be performed on-premises at 2 Broadway
o Project Plans including work-breakdown structures developed in Microsoft Project Professional software
o Project Status Reports
o Risk/Issues Log
o Action Item Logs
o Project Financial Reports
o Project Management plans including but not limited to: Communications Plan, Implementation Plan, Staffing Plan, Test Plan
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Proven experience/involvement with enterprise IT project delivery and implementation
• Recent PM experience related to ITSM related products (preferably with ServiceNow)
• PMP Certified
• Knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
• Proven ability to manage cross functional teams; maintain project schedules and reporting
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
• ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
• Scrum Certification preferred
• Experience working with senior leadership and stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within tight deadlines
• Ability to manage rapidly and frequently changing priorities
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management
• Functional knowledge of project management methodology and tools
• Advanced, high level proficiency of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Microsoft Project)
Thanks and Regards…
USR Systems LLC