Role : Project Engineer
Location : Holland, MI
Project Duration : 9 Months +
Consultant need to have some SAP user exp and candidates should know how the SAP systems works.
Ensures production of profitable product desirable by customers. Responsible for assigned product line, including design, development, and introduction of new products and production support for existing products and/or product line enhancements that fall within strategic direction of company. Ensures performance (business, profit, product and functionality) to specifications. Conducts cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs. Investigates and analyzes competitive products to determine product performance, costs, and packaging methods. Provides technical direction to other staff members and interfaces at all organizational levels.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
• Designs and develops solutions for new products, enhancements, and existing product lines through selection of materials, form, fit, function, design failure mode effect analysis and design reliability testing. Determines best practices and processes to minimize labor, material, and overhead costs, and assure manufacturability to increase market share and profitability.
• Participates in analysis of competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance, and packaging to determine competitiveness of product offerings.
• Develops engineering detail and documentation (including drawings, Engineering Change Orders [ECOs] and Requests for Expenditure [RFEs]) to support tooling quotations, manufacturing processes, and cost analysis for final product implementation to assure all required Haworth Quality System documentation is in place and current.
• Creates test plans (Design Validation Plan and Reports [DVP&Rs]) with full understanding of Business and Industrial Furniture Manufacturer’s Association (BIFMA) standards. Coordinates testing and analysis of materials, processes, and prototypes to be used for engineering performance and reliability testing; works with Quality Assurance to ensure all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met.
• Provides technical direction to various Haworth departments, utilizing Professional Engineering Computer Aided Design (ProE CAD) base models, via personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse, to ensure form, fit, and function of product design.
• Develops products or product enhancements; researches and periodically tests and validates product, using applicable global requirements, to ensure affect of design meets within global standards for regulatory compliance.
• Travels overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Eight years experience in related Engineering role.
• Three years experience in design engineering, three years experience working with product line responsibility, and two years project engineering experience preferred.
• Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Six years experience in related Engineering role.
• Two years experience in design engineering, two years experience working with product line responsibility, and two years project engineering experience preferred.