Position Endpoint Engineer
Location Clinton, NJ
Start Date Immediate & URGENT
Job Description Operational responsibility for the endpoint management infrastructure utilizing:
o Microsoft SCCM, WSUS, Active Directory, and Group Policy
o Microsoft Office 365
o Design and implement technology solutions for internal customers, and participate in the testing and evaluation of new technologies.
o Work with the Endpoint Operations Manager to build and execute the vision and strategy for the endpoint environment, including emerging technology, new technical solutions, software, and hardware.
o Contribute as a subject matter expert or technical resource for projects to deploy various technologies.
o Assist the operation of a secure and optimized infrastructure by maintaining PC health, through the deployment of client patches and application updates, and reporting thereof.
o Identify, remediate, and report on security alerts (viruses, malware, compliance, etc.).
o Assist in software inventory management, and adhere to software licensing compliance.
o Strategize, advise, implement, and support strategic end-user computing solutions, as assigned.
o Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
o Key contributor to the operational effectiveness of the endpoint infrastructure, architecture, and deployment.
o Provide technical guidance and training to team members.
o Lead or participate on a variety of cross-functional teams to proactively address support issues.
o Work closely with peers, senior staff, and leadership to ensure goals are achieved.
o Follow up on outstanding issues with project teams, strategic business partners and leadership.
o Work independently with minimal guidance while simultaneously being a collaborative team member striving for team success.
o Deliver regular status updates to project teams and leadership.
o Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes, as well as generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or trending issues.
o Provide outstanding customer service. Management & Administration
o Mitigate risk, and provide consistency and dependability by adhering to policies and procedures for change and incident management.
o Create and maintain thorough documentation for all endpoint solutions, code, configurations and processes.
o Act as an escalation point for complex technical issues.
o Utilize strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
o Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes/tasks until final objectives are completed.
o Advise on and meet project schedules and timelines. .
Skills Required :
• Experience with troubleshooting and administration of Chrome devices.
• Support/administration of Windows 7 in a enterprise environment managed via centralized administration tools
• Experience directly utilizing SCCM or comparable software, specifically with regard to tasks such as software package delivery and the creation of collections, queries, advertisements, and reports.
• Experience working directly with managed anti-virus and encryption platforms.
• Experience working with printer queues and driver management in a Windows server/client environment.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.
• Ability to interface directly with internal customers, peer IT support teams, and all levels of management.
• Have proven knowledge of desktop management activities.
• Experience in defining/generating reports and metrics.
• Be self-motivated, proactive, and be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member; have an excellent work ethic.
Preferred Skills & Credentials
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 R2.
• Experience with Chromebook deployment for the enterprise
• Conceptual knowledge of virtual desktop technologies (CITRIX)
• Experience administering Windows Server printer queues.