Sr. JAVA/J2EE DEVELOPER/Staff Engineer
San Francisco, CA
6 months contract to hire
ONLY GC/GC EAD/USC
There are a lot of technologies listed here, but the only real must haves are JAVA development coming from a search background and working on high volume websites.
A Staff Engineer is a hands-on subject matter expert who is responsible for the overall software design of many components within a system and can lead the technical implementation of multiple projects. The ideal candidate will have had experience of working in high paced environment and good knowledge of Search Engines. This Staff Engineer will need to have very strong Java, J2EE, Data Structures, SOA, Java Web Services experience and be hands-on, as well as have some Big Data, NoSQL, Solr/Lucene development experience. The successful applicant will work closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Principal Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Architects in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
• Design, implement, and unit test server-side J2EE/Java code.
• Develop and implement search-related algorithms and validate results.
• Provide oversight to valued partners and development organizations.
• Debug code written by others to get better understanding of the existing system.
• Design and implement tools to process both structured and unstructured data in batch and real time streams.
• Create modules to extract features and signals from diverse data collections.
• Process large data logs to detect patterns and insights.
• Work with Linguists, Product Management and QA Teams to deliver reliable, high-performance sub-systems and applications that power our Functional Search Platform.
• Work in a full Agile collaborative environment – including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Work with senior developers, Application Architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Hands-on system design and development as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• BA/BS Degree required.
• 10+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic site(s).
• 4+ years of hands-on experience architecting and implementing online search with Solr/Lucene and/or ElasticSearch.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience with Spring, SOA, REST Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON, and Messaging techniques.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Document DBs and In-Memory NewSQLs and Caches.
• Experience with machine learning, statistical techniques, text mining, natural language processing, computational linguistics and information retrieval.
• Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments.
• Experience with UML diagramming is required.
• Strong estimating and planning skills.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability as a problem-solver.
Phone #: 201-297-1209 EXT 118