I hope you are doing great.
Please let me know if you have any Candidates with the skills below.
Role: Data Modeler
Location: Somerville, NJ
Duration: 6 Months+
Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for the OneMD Data & Analytics Product Line. Work with business and technical teams to fully understand the business requirements, be able to analyze data and translate them into data structures. Coordinate, develop, and construct data models and data dictionaries, ranging from functional-specific to enterprise-wide, and from operational to decision-support. Work with the database administrators to establish naming conventions and optimization standards for the database objects. Partner with Database Administration staff in the handoff between logical database design and physical database design. Candidate must have strong modeling skills to support data science tools and help enable self-service capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Analyze and design a future state environment to address OneMD Data & Analytics Product Line serving multiple cross-functional business organizations
• Lead the design of big data solutions
• Create and manage logical, physical and conceptual models using data modeling tools.
• Develop and communicate standards for data structures.
• Build referential integrity into the models.
• Investigate Data Quality Issues and provide recommendation & solution to address them
• Work with offshore development and testing teams to ensure successful implementation of the design.
• Profile existing data structures to thoroughly understand all data assets that exist in the warehouse and the sources of expansion areas.
• Lead and manage department projects and initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Seven to ten years of experience with data modeling in healthcare
• Expert in data modeling tools (Erwin)
• Significant business focus and experience required.
• Provide project-level support to development teams through consulting and data modeling services.
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience with layered data architecture approach
• Experience with data architecture and design patterns
• Experience with healthcare big data
• Experience with Big Data Technologies – such as AWS, Hadoop, Python, Spark, Scala
• Data warehouse and reporting database design experience highly desirable.
• Formal development methodology and data modeling training preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and team collaboration skills are essential
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter
• Strong project planning, time management, problem-solving and prioritization skills are also necessary
• Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of how technical platforms and environments are constructed.
• Ability to reverse engineer existing database structures
• Experience working with semi-structured and unstructured sources
• Experience building master data and metadata models
• Experience working with 3rd Party data sources like IMS, DRG etc
• Knowledge of connectivity between environments.
• Strong understanding of how applications run on various platforms.
• Strong business acumen and political savvy
• Ability to lead and manage projects
• Ability to collaborate while dealing with complex situations
• Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation
• Ability to motivate, lead and inspire a diverse group to a common goal/solution with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to convert business strategy into action-oriented objectives and measurable results
• Ability to investigate data related issues, recommend & implement data quality framework
• Strong negotiating, influencing, and consensus-building skills
• Ability to mentor, coach and provide guidance to others
Thanks & Regards