DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Quantitative – Can look into big data sets and pull out insights (R, SAS, Python or Excel guru)
– Investigative – Can go into a new line of business; ask questions & interview stakeholders to find out how they operate, what their processes are, where the data is and what it means.
– Consultative – Can understand the business and make recommendations for improvements to improve customer net satisfaction
• Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in statistics, engineering, computer science, or management of information systems.
• Expert knowledge in at least two: SQL, Python, SAS or R
• Expert knowledge of SQL from an data analysis standpoint
• Working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling.
• Working knowledge of code writing.
• Expert in data analysis, understanding underlying system data in what it means to the business
• Experience data wrangling and modeling towards achieving business insights
• Expert consulting skills specifically, managing full lifecycle of a project with very little hand-holding
• Experience with Agile development methodology
• Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing.
• Understanding of and ability to use visualization tools. Power BI preferred. Tableau, Qlik or MicroStrategy also acceptable.
• Data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines.
• Strong exploratory analysis skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
• Exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented.
• Experience with statistics, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics.
• Domain knowledge of utilities and especially gas operations is a plus
• Experience working with customer experience data is a plus
Technical Skills (key skills will show in red)
• Big Data