WWS ID: 92060
Client: Capgemini/Charter Communications
Role: Programmer / Developer Lead – BigData Developer
Work Location: Denver/, CO
NEW JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for a person who is having hands on experience in Cassandra Development, Administration and having experience on Java/ J2EE and Big data technology stack will be added advantage.
• Cassandra cluster planning which includes Data sizing estimation, and identify hardware requirements based on the estimated data size and transaction volume.
• Create, install, and configure a Cassandra cluster
• Use tools to monitor cluster availability and performance
• Export data into different data formats
• Use primary index and secondary indexes correctly to perform queries on data
• Backup and restore data to secure the system in the event of failure
• Tune the performance of Java Virtual Machine (JVM), caches, and compaction
• Conduct a stress test on a Cassandra cluster and interpret the performance results
• Cassandra Data Modelling, NoSQL Architecture, Keyspace, Table, Index creation, User creation & access administration.
• Work closely with the application team to resolve issues related to spark, cql and loading issues etc.
• CQL Queries to support Integration with Cassandra Cluster
• Administration, Maintenance and supporting of the cluster using Opscenter, Devcenter, Linux, Spark,
• Working closely with Cassandra loading activity on history load and incremental loads from Oracle
• Databases and resolving issues and tuning the loader for optimal performance.
• Should have experience on Big data technologies like HDFS, SQOOP, Spark Stream & SQL, Kafka
• Good Experience on Core Java, Spring Boot Micro Services, REST & SOAP web services, Hibernate and proficient knowledge on SQL & PLSQL.
• Good Experience on streaming data using Flume